0 2 min 1 week

A fire at a Durga Puja pandal in Narthua village resulted in three deaths and 64 injuries due to an overheated halogen light, according to officials. The pandal, where a digital show was taking place with 300-400 people inside, was completely destroyed. The fire broke out around 9:30 pm on Sunday, near the Aurai police station.

Of the 67 injured, three have died, including Ankush Soni (12), Jaya Devi (45), and Naveen (10). The District Magistrate, Gaurang Rathi, stated that three of the injured are in serious condition, with the majority being women and children. The cause of the fire was determined to be an overheated halogen light, which ignited an electric wire and spread quickly through the wooden scaffolding and the tent.

A special probe team, led by Additional Director General Ram Kumar, identified the cause of the fire. An investigation has been launched at the Aurai police station, as the Durga Puja was organized by Ekta Club Pooja Samiti. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister expressed condolences for the lives lost and directed officials to ensure proper treatment for the injured.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *